Queen’s Park Federation offers up to 117 (Dorothy Gardner offers 65 places and Mary Paterson offers 52 places) Government funded nursery education places for children of three and four years of age. These places are offered free of charge during term time only for 15 and 30 hours per week depending on your circumstances. The criteria for this allocation are set by the Government.
The Government funding is intended to deliver 15 universal and extended 30 hours entitlement per week of funded, high quality education. It is not intended to cover the cost of meals, other consumables, additional hours or additional services.
Places are offered out during the second half of the Spring-Term. To secure your place you will need to return the ‘Offer and Agreement’ form before the stated date and where required, pay a deposit.
The 15 hour places are offered over five half days, either morning (8.45 am to 11.45am) or afternoon (2.45pm to 3.45pm). Parents can request their preference. We will try to meet parental need however it is not guaranteed. There is an option to increase your child’s hours for a fee. Please see Additional Hours page.
We have a limited number of 30 hour places. This runs term-time only, Monday to Friday 8.45am-3.45pm.
For children accessing the Treehouse provision the daily times are 8.45am – 3.45pm.
To check your eligibility for 30 hours, you will need to meet the criteria below and apply through the online website: If you meet the requirements you will be issued with a voucher. You will be able do this the term after your child turns 3. This code will be checked once each term during their enrolment in the nursery. It is the parents /carer’s responsibility to ensure the voucher remains valid otherwise they may lose their funded place.
To qualify for a 30 hour place parents must meet the following criteria:
- All parents in the household work the equivalent of 16 hours a week and earn at least £115.20 per week (if over the age of 25) and £107.20 per week (if between the ages of 21-24).
- No one parent in the household earns over £100,000.
- Both parents are employed, but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- Both parents are employed, but one or both parents are away from the workplace on statutory sick pay.
- One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of special benefits.
- One parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring.
We accept children the term after their second birthday. Queen’s Park Federation offers up to 48 (Dorothy Gardner offers 24 places and Mary Paterson offers 24 places) Government funded nursery education places for children of three and four years of age.
Please download an application form by clicking the application form link below.